Hunter’s Royal Horticultural Society are perfect for the avid gardner or the wannabe. Constructed with natural rubber and a quick dry knitted nylon polka dot-printed lining footbed.
Posts tagged ‘natural’
Sapadilla’s products are the nicest little eco-cleaners on the planet. Made with high quality ingredients, fresh blends of pure essential oils, and beautiful, simple design, Sapadilla makes cleaning darn near enjoyable.
These lovely liquids are genuinely earth-friendly, naturally effective, kind to your skin (no SLS/SLES)), and smell absolutely wonderful.
Our new evening ritual this winter is a kettle of hot tea. While visiting Portland we picked up an assortment of loose leaf teas from The Spice & Tea Exchange. Currently our favorite is a caffeine free herbal tea called, Chamomile Twist. A cup or two of this soothing and refreshing herbal blend is the perfect healthy tradition to wind down at the end of a long day.
The Whidbey Island Soap Company creates the most magical Shea Intensive Body Butter that is an incredibly nourishing and moisturizing. We always pick up a jar infused with French Lavender while on Whidbey Island or Pike Place Market.
Photo Courtesy of Whidbey Island Soap Company
Over the past couple of weeks I have seen a beautiful difference in my skin using the EcoCert certified, Swiss made, Arise Skin Care. This fabulous line was brought to the US by the Snow Flower Luxury Skincare group after an exhaustive search for the perfect all natural solution for aging. Every product in this anti-aging line contains the edelweiss flower to revitalize your skin and protects against nasty free radicals. This magical and potent little white flower, also known as the snow flower, grows in the extreme altitudes and climatic conditions of Switzerland. Collectively, with other ingredients like mallow, thyme and buddleia offers hydration, a reduction in redness, and protection against urban stresses. The line is composed of organic and 100% natural ingredients free of phenoxyethanol and parabens.
Arise is complete with a Cleansing Milk, Soothing Toner, Serum, Anti-Aging Cream, Gel Mask, Smooth Body Lotion, Face Scrub and Body Peel Scrub. The Cleansing Milk is gentle, soft, and silky. The Face Scrub is thorough, brightening, but also kind. After a swipe of toner on an organic cotton pad I add a half a dime size dollop of the Anti-Aging Cream over my face and neck nightly. My skin literally drinks the layer of cream To correct the dark spots from sun damage the EdelWhite lines Serum, Day Fluid, and Night Cream offer proven whitening results for evening out your skin color. This EdelWhite Whitening line contains a minimum of 96.5% natural ingredients.
Arise was the first company to bring out the benefits of the edelweiss flower and the Snow Flower Luxury Skin Care company was the first and only to share this amazing brand with us in the United States. Experience SnowflowerLux.com‘s exceptional customer service from their online boutique and free shipping for orders over $50 when you order this well priced line.
As you all know there are few things we love more than fabulous, sustainable fashion for an even more amazing cause. We recently stumbled across the In Gratitude necklaces and knew we had to have these handmade beads. Each necklace is made from barkcloth beads and that are then hand wrapped with recycled newspaper. They come in an array of unique colors from natural plant dye. No two are the same, but all have 108 beads and are 26″ long.
Most importantly each purchase helps the women of Uganda create a sustainable and dignified source of income for their families and communities. Pick yours up for $50 online.
For all you locavores we have the place for you. Local 360 is a fabulous spot in the heart of Belltown in downtown Seattle serving sustainable, delicious dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today I picked up takeout of their scrumptious BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich because of a recommendation from the bartender. Instead of fries, I opted to sub a fresh green side salad for $2. My order was ready in less than 10 minutes and waiting for me at the bar.
The barbecue sauce on the tender pork was sweet, but not too sweet. The amazing delicate bun absorbed the sauce and the slaw added the perfect amount of crunch. The only slight change I would make is to add a bit more heat to the sauce, that’s just my personal love for spice though.
The proprietors of Local 360 are doing in right with tasty cuisine and environmental responsibility. Hence the name, all food served is sourced within 360 miles of the restaurant. It doesn’t get fresher or better than that.
We don’t think there is anything more delicious than the seafood we sustainably harvest at our beach house. Hood Canal’s waters are rich in oysters, clams, shrimp, gooey duck, salmon, Dungeness crabs as well as many more delectable nourishing foods. At the height of low tide we walk down to a shoreline littered in beautiful shells and pick perfectly sized full oysters for dinner. We shuck these salty delicious treats and eat them raw on the beach and/or grill them in their shell over the fire pit.
This is one of the many reasons we choose to protect our earth. Without a clean ocean and environment overall, meals like this would not be possible.
We are elated to have found the perfect weed remover for our yard. The Fiskars Weed Remover makes it so easy to pull weeds from the lawn without the use of harmful and toxic pesticides. The stainless steel claws do an amazing job of pulling the entire plant with the root to make sure they don’t pop back up in the future. There is no bending over or kneeling with this light, easy to use garden tool. I did my entire yard barefoot in less than 10 minutes! This is the best $38 you can spend for keeping your lawn looking great without harming the environment.
The Living Future Conference was not lacking in the attendance of brilliant leaders and speakers sharing their stories in work, life, and the living world. Men and women flocked from cities around the world to Portland, OR to come together for an array of reasons but one common cause, to make the world a better place. Through the several people we met and the numerous sessions we participated in we picked up some great bullet points some obvious but still need to be thought about again and shared with you.
- Transparency is key to innovation. In the example of the new Brooks Running headquarters in Seattle, the developer, Skanska, was transparent with them about cost per square foot, what the investor needed to see on the return for the development to be viable, and the developers goals in making a successful brand statement of a Living Building for them. The two entities have put their trust into each other to make a state-of-the-art building for a healthier community for the occupants and those that surround it.
- Risk doesn’t have to be bad, risk can have amazing positive outcomes too.
- It is a disservice to your client and ultimately their client by not pushing innovation and creating the same old energy-inefficient product for the market. Adding more “safe” product to the market actually devalues what you’ve repeated, take a good risk, do something better.
- Bean counting gets in the way of action.
- Don’t just be green or talk about being green to those that you think want to hear it. Start a conversation with someone new or that you think wouldn’t be interested, you would be surprised at the connections and how far deep that can penetrate. Think about your next suggestion at your book club, discussing your favorite ecofriendly beauty products and of course spreading Living Aware to everyone you know.
- In real estate, you’re foolish for choosing an inefficient building or home.
- Seek out an EcoDistrict for your neighborhood, it makes sense. Risk is good and it is a positive opportunity to organize and bring together a community.
- Life is the process of becoming you.
- Passion is key for any entrepreneurial endeavor.
- Have patience and solve the long-term problem.
- Where women flourish, families flourish. When the families flourish the community flourishes.
- Build value in yourself, your business, and your ideas through collaboration.
- A building is part of ”healthcare”. There is a direct connection between your health and the building you inhabit and the home you sleep in.
- Be innovative, take a risk, it is okay to fail, do something better for you, your family, community, and business.
We hope these tokens of wisdom empower you, like they invigorate us. Now go, conquer today and change your world.