Shampure ~ Aveda
It must seem like we are really in love with Aveda since this is the second product we are featuring on Living Aware, but we just couldn’t resist signing the praises of the Shampure™ shampoo and conditioner line for our hair. The gentle shampoo cleans and strengthens my locks with their Morikue™ protein. The conditioner adds softness, shine, and doesn’t weigh my hair down. Their biodegradable ingredients and natural aromas create a signature scent unlike the contrived chemical smells in other brands, gag. All of Aveda’s ingredients are naturally-derived from plants and non-petroleum minerals, inorganic or other natural sources like water. Here is some information we borrowed directly from their site to show you just how awesome this company really is:
- Since 2000, Aveda has substantially increased our purchases of organic raw herbal ingredients and organic essential oils from 20%-25% of total tonnage to 89-90% while also increasing our total tonnage significantly. The exact percentage varies slightly from year to year due to product mix and availability of certified ingredients.
- Aveda will no longer add paraben based preservatives in its products
- Establishing the Soil to Bottle™ traceability, which allows Aveda to progressively document and expand the source of its ingredients while promoting quality through its supply chain.
- Aveda established programs to promote sourcing GMO-free ingredients
- Aveda is partnering with the EPEA Institute for ongoing evaluation of raw materials in Aveda products by application of the “Cradle to Cradle” design; to date EPEA has reviewed over 600 ingredients for Aveda.
- Aveda is the first beauty company manufacturing with 100% certified wind power at our primary manufacturing facility in Blaine, MN.*
- Aveda pioneered the use of up to 100% postconsumer recycled content in its packaging.
- Aveda pioneered the Aveda Caps Recycling Program
- Aveda will continue to seek greener alternatives for certain ingredients in existing products applying EPEA Institute principles.
- Aveda will continue to develop sustainable plant-based alternatives to replace petrochemicals
- Aveda products are not formulated with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
Remember to always purchase your Aveda products in the larger sizes to save packaging and money.
Price for each 1 Litre of Shampoo and Conditioner $31.50